Courtesy a photo from artist Stephen Mooney of the Grayson Vol. 1: Agents of Spyral spine this morning, we have confirmation now that this looks like a line-wide change.
Note the similarities to the Detective spine:
Photo by James Harvey-Richardson
- Character image at top (with different color than spine color)
- Series title in a bold gray-blue bold font
- Volume title in a thinner white font
- Detective had the creator first and last names separated by dots; Grayson, with more creators, has just the last names
- Volume numbers at bottom in a more decorative font than the New 52 volume numbers, and the same gray-blue color
We'll have to see more volumes before we truly know how the designs will vary from book to book (especially different font colors), but it looks like this is what we can expect from the new era of DC Comics trades.
Sound off in the comments section what you think of DC Comics's new trade dress or tweet about it using #newDCtradedress.