Identity Crisis Direct Market cover, and July price comparisons

 ·  1 comment

It's starting to crop up on The Pulse and Newsarama, in addition to DC Comics, but here's another look at the Michael Turner Direct Market cover for the Identity Crisis hardcover. I keep going back and forth on this one--I can't say that I love it, but I think I like it more than the Book Market edition, and the Direct Market is growing on me more and more. To wit: I'm currently fascinated by Hawkman on one side of Superman and Batman on the other; at first, I thought Wonder Woman should be finishing out the trinity, but now I just keep glancing at the two cowls side-by-side like that and swooning. And I like how you can't really tell if that's Wally or Barry, and the Atom's there (of course). I'd like to see Hal or Kyle, maybe, or Elongated Man--maybe Deathstroke. Nah--see, I keep going back and forth. But I like it. (Man, that Batman/Hawkman shot. Shades of the JLA "Crisis of Conscience" going on right now. Hey, DC--rush the trade!)

And did they really get Joss Wheadon to write the intro? But isn't he, like, at Marvel? Great Shades of Elvis!

***

Meanwhile, a little price matching for you. Discount Comic Book Service offers the Green Lantern: Rebirth hardcover for 50% off, $12.49 (plus shipping). MailOrder Comics and Dreamland Comics each have it for 40% off, or $14.99 (plus shipping at MailOrder Comics; Dreamland Comics has free shipping over $30). Meanwhile, to look beyond my Big Three, Bob's Comics offers Green Lantern: Rebirth for 8% off, or $22.99, but with free shipping included. So there you go.

Comments ( 1 )

  1. AnonymousJuly 12, 2005

    I'm not the biggest Michael Turner fan in the world, but I gotta admit: that cover looks very nice.

    I'm still getting the bookstore version though, if only for the novelty of it.

    ReplyDelete

To post a comment, you may need to temporarily allow "cross-site tracking" in your browser of choice.

Newer Post Home Older Post