Odds and Ends for 5-10-06

 ·  2 comments

Added Formerly Known as the Justice League and I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League to my trade paperback timeline. Thanks to Loki for the initial head's up.

* * *

Eagle-eyed commenter Jeffrey points out that some copies of the Gotham Central: Unresolved Targets trade paperbacks are missing most of the dialogue on page 106. That corresponds to Gotham Central #19, with the page that starts "--appreciate a call before one of my detectives walks into a hostage standoff"--if anyone has that issue, and wants to go through the trouble to transcribe it, or scan the page and email it to me, just post a comment and let me know. I've also posted about this on the ComicBloc Greg Rucka message board. I was going to send an "Ask the Editors" note to DC about it, but apparently they've removed that link from DCComics.com.

Also from the Rucka message board, Greg himself posts that he doesn't think DC plans to collect the in-between issues missing so far from the Gotham Central trades (that is, issues 11, 16, 17, and 18). Which is disappointing, because I was hoping the whole thing would be collected; no word on when the next trade will be released.

***

Dan Didio said in the final Newsarama Crisis Counseling that now that Infinite Crisis is over, an announcement on the trade should be coming soon. Amazon and other outlets have the Infinite Crisis hardcover listed for August; my guess is that it'll be solicited with next Monday's titles, if not announced beforehand.

Comments ( 2 )

  1. AnonymousJune 13, 2006

    So, as a wait-for-trader, one thing that has always confused me is where the many non-numbered trades fit into the timeline of those that are. I've noticed most are not included on your (absolutely wonderful) list. I was hoping if you could keep your eye out for where these fit in and/or their connection to the more organized trades:
    These are all JLA:
    World Without Grown-Ups
    A League of One
    Heaven's Ladder
    The Technis Imperative
    A League of One
    Earth 2
    Liberty and Justice
    Gods and Monsters
    Secret Origins
    The Never-Ending Battle
    Exterminators
    Stop Motion
    JLA Classified: New Maps of Hell
    JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice

    Again, thank you so much for your hard work so far. As a new DC fan, I can't tell you how great it is for helping me with understanding the ever-complicated continuity of DC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon -- Some of these I can do. I'll try to tackle them the next time I do a timeline update.

    Glad you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

To post a comment, you may need to temporarily allow "cross-site tracking" in your browser of choice.

Newer Post Home Older Post