Comments ( 6 )

  1. They haven't shown the Legion cartoon down here in Australia yet. Heck, I think they're just showing the tail end of the last season of Teen Titans.

    This annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end of Teen Titans was good, but strange. I think they put so much time, effort, and care into that series that when it came time to end it, they weren't sure what to do. It's bizarre, but fitting.

    Legion, on the other hand ... I'm not sure what about it makes it strike me as more "grown-up" than Titans; the situations are no more "adult," though perhaps the silliness level is less than Titans. Moreover, in the last couple of episodes, there's been more internal continuity--that is, change in the character's lives--whereas for Titans, it seemed more that everything was always back where it started by the end of an episode. For the most part. It's had to quantify. Let's just say, they're doing better than I ever expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone around here watch The Batman? I wrote it off early on and never watched it, but I've heard rumblings that the current season has been pretty good, and that Martian Manhunter is appearing soon, to be followed by more Justice League members next season. I was always interested in seeing the new designs as they were revealed, but hadn't given much thought to watching the show. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoSH : I don't feel guilty about it at all, but I definitely agree that I've liked it a lot more than I expected I would. I'm a little nervous about some of the rumored changes I've heard about for next season though.

    Teen Titans : Your assesment of the end of the series is really spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cmoney -- Yeah, I wrote The Batman off early on, too--I was never the biggest fan of the original Batman cartoons, and I can't help but feel DC/the cartoon people have been to that well too many times now; I get the sense that they tried to do a Batman: Year One-type series here, and it hasn't even worked--they had to bring Batgirl and Robin in too quickly, and now bringing in Justice League Unlimited characters ... that can't help but sound like a cry for help. That said, I'll definitely be tuning in to watch said gues appearances--any idea when they are?

    Thanks all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way I've heard it, the finale of the current season of The Batman is a two-parter that airs sometime in early May, or at least that's the assumption. As for the season after...no idea when that starts.

    ReplyDelete

To post a comment, you may need to temporarily allow "cross-site tracking" in your browser of choice.

Newer Post Home Older Post