Trade Perspectives: Thoughts on Justice League of America Vol. 1: The Tornado's Path

 ·  6 comments

The new Justice League of America hardcover is still a month away, but looking at the DC solicitation, a couple of things jumped out at me:

1) This hardcover is the spitting image of the mainstream Identity Crisis hardcover, which will look sweet together sitting together on your shelf ... unless, of course, you bought the comic shop hardcover version like me. Oh, well.

2) DC says specifically that this collects the first six issues of Justice League. Now, that's got to be issues one through six, otherwise it would miss the end of "Tornado's Path." Which means if you didn't buy the much touted issue zero, you may not find it in the hardcover unless DC changes it's mind. Time to see if your local comic book store still has any Free Comic Book Day copies left ...

Comments ( 6 )

  1. Too bad it won't include #0. That book is a nice retrospective of the JLA in all its forms.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. #0 won't be included? I know that it was recently released as a Free Comic Book Day contribution, but that seems rather ill-advised. I had been on the fence till now, but $25 for just six issues is a bit much. (Admittedly, this is coming from a guy who shelled out $20 for a five-issue Camelot Falls hardcover.)

    I'll have to wait for the softcover then I guess. Even if it takes forever (see GL: Rebirth).

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, just to be clear, I'm not certain that #0 won't be included; that's just what the solicitations suggest. We've seen times before where DC adds an issue to a trade at the last minute (the first Outsiders trade comes to mind as a quick example), so that might happen here, too. But right now the solicitation suggests no #0.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 10, 2007

    I picked up issues 0 through 2 before quitting so I'll be OK, but I don't look forward to waiting for the softcover if it's anything like Identity Crisis which I had to wait two years to read since the trade came out 12 months after the hardcover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C.E: Yeah, you're right about the possible solicitation mistake. I might still hold out for a softcover though, the cheapskate that I am.
    nobody: Ugh, yeah that sounds harsh. Maybe it'll be different this time because it's two volumes instead of just one book? How long did it take for For Tomorrow to come out in softcover?

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 10, 2007

    I refuse to buy DC hardcovers on principle. I do the same for Marvel Premiere HCs. To me, neither one adds any value proportionate to how over-priced they are. The Marvel oversize HCs, however, are great.

    ReplyDelete

To post a comment, you may need to temporarily allow "cross-site tracking" in your browser of choice.

Newer Post Home Older Post