DC Comics to recall, reprint Batman: Bruce Wayne: Murderer new edition printing

 ·  16 comments

Last week Collected Editions reader Kirk Kiefer (Tumblr) posted online that the new edition of the Batman: Bruce Wayne: Murderer trade lacked issues and had other misprints. In an email exchange, Dan DiDio replied to Kirk that DC would be"taking steps to recall and correct the Batman: Bruce Wayne: Murderer collection." Today this message went out to comics shops:
Retailers, DC Entertainment has learned that the BATMAN: BRUCE WAYNE: MURDERER? TP NEW EDITION was printed with errors. DC is currently prepping new, corrected copies of this title that will include DETECTIVE COMICS #768 and BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #29. In addition, the running order of the contents will be corrected and the table of contents will be updated. DC asks that you destroy all copies of this title currently in stock, and that you accept returned copies from your customers.
Excellent, excellent news. I think we all owe Kirk a round of applause for bringing this to light in the first place, and also we have to acknowledge that it's exceptionally classy for DC to so quickly appreciate the problem and get it corrected. Corrected version is currently scheduled to be in stores May 14. Batman: Murderer/Fugitive is a good Bat-verse collection, and I'm pleased there will indeed be definitive versions of the trades.

Comments ( 16 )

  1. Wow, the corrections will be even better than I expected. Looking forward to getting it in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hearing May 14; I've updated the post to reflect the same.

      Delete
  3. Whoa, I would not have expected this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very happy to hear this. I went to my LCS today and saw the book for myself with the missing issues. I had been looking forward to getting the new printing. Looking forward to the re-release.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered my copy from Amazon Germany and I'm not very confident they'll replace my copy for free.
    I doubt they even know about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently amazon already took the book off their store, it can no longer be ordered. Maybe I was wrong and I'll get a replacement book.

      Delete
    2. Amazon told me to return the book and they'll refund me. Very disappointing.
      I think I'll keep my copy, maybe it'll be worth something someday. This wouldn't be the first book I double-dip on.

      For german readers I posted Amazon's reply in my blog:
      http://socializingmogo.de/2014/03/31/dc-comics-batman-bruce-wayne-murderer-rueckruf/

      Delete
  6. I hope DCBS is not shipping the misprints, but holding them for the corrected editions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. in stock trades says they'll be shipping a new copy to customers who ordered the misprint. good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. I preordered from Amazon.co.uk, and emailed to ask about the misprint issue. The response was that they had not heard from DC and I would receive the book they had in stock. I cancelled the order as I was unsure they would refund if it was a misprint. I emailed forbidden planet and they also said they had heard nothing from DC. Anyone know a good UK website that is definitely selling the corrected version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guys at amazon are reinstating my order at the old pre order price (33% cheaper than current listed price) now that they have heard from DC and are only releasing the new print edition. Very happy and looking forward to this trade!

      Delete
  9. Which issues will be new to the new collected editions of Murderer? and Fugitive? I have the 4 original books, but if there's not much difference I'm not gonna get the new ones and just pick up the single issues I'm missing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazon does have the title back for purchase. Does anybody knows if this is the corrected edition? Has someone purchase it yet?

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401246834/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazon is now shipping the correct updated edition.

    ReplyDelete

To post a comment, you may need to temporarily allow "cross-site tracking" in your browser of choice.

Newer Post Home Older Post