Slowest DC comics-to-trades?

As I mentioned to a commenter the other day, the Superman/Batman: Absolute Power hardcover will make Superman/Batman one of the most caught-up titles, trade-wise, that DC produces. It should come as no surprise to anyone, I think, that one of the least caught-up titles, relatively, is Gotham Central. But what other titles are in the lowest tier?

Catwoman. And Flash.

Came as a suprise to me. Two of the, arguably, higher selling DC Comics titles, and they're getting the short end of the trade stick, too. So maybe that negates any argument toward a vast conspiracy against Gotham Central, at least. But I think it also has to do with when DC's trade program woke up, if you will. At the top of the list for most up-to-date trades are Teen Titans and Outsiders, and Robin, Batman, and Adventures of Superman--titles that either began or got new creative teams recently, just as the DC trade boom began. It's those comics that really started buzzing around the beginning of 2002 that seem to have fallen through the cracks.

Now, DC's doing a great job bringing JSA up to speed--I'm not sure which I'd want to see more trades of, Catwoman or Flash. The Catwoman delay makes reading Batman: War Games a little weird, but I'd like to see the Flash trades catch up roundabouts Identity Crisis. And granted, my chart's unfinished, too--I have a feeling Nightwing and Batgirl are toward the back of the line, too.

Thoughts?

Comments

Post a Comment

To post a comment, you may need to temporarily allow "cross-site tracking" in your browser of choice.

Newer Post Home Older Post