DC Comics trade paperbacks for Fall 2007

 ·  12 comments

I’ve now discovered a near comprehensive list of all the DC Comics trade paperbacks for the rest of 2007, thanks to the fine folks at the DC Comics message boards. I’m seeing now that postmodern barney has some of these, too. Here’s what I think are the highlights, with commentary:

Superman: Kryptonite - Collects the first arc of Superman Confidential, by Darwyn Cooke and Tim Sale

The Brave & Bold: Lords Of Luck - The first new Brave & Bold arc

Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack - The Will Pfeifer miniseries, in hardcover. If all the Countdown crossovers come out in hardcover, that’s going to get annoying.

The Flash, The Fastest Man Alive: Full Throttle - Next Flash trade may contain the much touted issues #13 and #14, or end right before

Supergirl: Identity - Picking up the Joe Kelly run

Hawkgirl: Hawkman Returns - Even as this series has been cancelled, this should collect the Hawkgirl/JSA Classified crossover

JLA: Ultramarine Corps - Finally, the first JLA Classified arc (and Seven Soldiers of Victory lead-in); I wouldn’t be surprised if this contains additional Global Guardians material

Batman Death In The City - The next Paul Dini Detective Comics trade

Wonder Woman: Love & Murder - The Jodi Picoult collection. Kind of a disappointing title, no?

Green Lantern Corps: A Darker Shade Of Green Robin: Teenage Wasteland Green Arrow: Road To Jericho

Batman Rules Of Engagement - The first Andy Diggle Batman Confidential trade

The Flash: Wonderland - AT LONG LAST! Collected Editions readers know how long I’ve been waiting for this. Collects Geoff Johns first Flash issues. See, good things eventually do come to those who wait-for-trade!

Nightwing: Love And War - Collecting the first issues of the recent Marv Wolfman run

The Question - A Dennis O’Neil trade

The Creeper: Welcome to Creepsville - The Steve Niles Brave New World miniseries

Mystery in Space

The Helmet of Fate - Collecting the one-shot specials, if not the first issues of the new series

Justice League Elite Vol. 2 - Also at long last, the second volume of Joe Kelly’s Justice League Elite miniseries

The Spectre: Tales of the Unexpected

Dr. Thirteen: Architecture and Morality - Collecting the Tales of the Unexpected backup stories by Brian Azzarello

Green Arrow/Black Canary: For Better or Worse - Hard to say if this is a collection of old Green Arrow/Black Canary stories or something new, but the author is listed as Brad Meltzer

Ion: The Dying Flame - Second volume of the Ion miniseries

Checkmate: Pawn Breaks Supergirl and the Legion of Super-heroes: The Dominator War Teen Titans: Titans East

Sword of the Atom - By Jan Strnad, collecting issues of the old Ray Palmer series

The Atom: Future/Past TP (Gail Simone)

Tales of the Multiverse: Batman - Vampire TP - This is undoubtedly the Crimson Mist miniseries; interesting that it’s got "Tales of the Multiverse" added to it, though. I imagine we’ll see more of those.

DC: World War III TP - Seems to arrive just after the fourth 52 trade.

What are you buying?

Comments ( 12 )

  1. Finally the second Justice League Elite...it's been a long time comin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't mention Showcase presents Batman and the Outsiders. I've been waiting 24 years for that trade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a LOT of hardcovers collecting first arcs of new books (Brave & the Bold, the Confidential books, etc.). I understand why they're doing this, and I love HCs, but this is a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. - Jeffrey - It is a bit much. I understood, perhaps, why the first new Green Lantern trade was in hardcover; it's a little annoying by the third and fourth, and frankly, I don't think DC's going to follow some of these up with paperbacks; I think this is it. However, I have been glad to see the price point of most of the hardcovers staying under $20 -- frankly, we see paperbacks for $20 some of the time, and had I my druthers, I'd prefer the hardcover (sort of. They're hard to bag). Ah, difficulties ...

    - Devin - I thought that sounded interesting, actually. Given the latest Outsiders craze, I'm surprised DC hasn't done a collection of the old series by now. But the Showcase Presents format in black and white just doesn't do it for me.

    - PHSChemGuy - Justice League Elite Vol. 2 and Flash: Wonderland? I about died!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 18, 2007

    DC really does not endear itself to me with all its HC nonsense. The fact that Green Lantern: Rebirth just came out a few weeks ago in SC and that none of the Johns GL series has yet is ridiculous. I won't be ponying up the extra money for these HCs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 19, 2007

    What's wrong with BATO showcase? We'll be waiting years for the BATO trades to get released!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoops ... don't you hate when you accidentally delete your own post?

    - Anonymous - Nothing's wrong with the Showcase Presents: Batman and the Outsiders (and I'm pleased to see DC printing more modern ones, like Suicide Squad and the Outsiders), I only wish they were in color. Black and white reprints don't do it for me; I'd rather have them in color, but that's just my preference.

    - cmoney - Stay tuned for more on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousMay 20, 2007

    Okay, Showcases of various titles in B & W may not please some people but how long do we have to wait for those titles to come out in color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think they will. The whole point of the Showcase books was to reprint all these stories cheaply.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Though ... correct me if I'm wrong (and I might be), but isn't the Batman and the Outsiders and Suicide Squad issues in the Showcase volumes roundabout the same era as Marv Wolfman's New Titans? Because that's getting full color archives treatment, and Outsiders and Suicide Squad are getting black and white. Which is to say, never say never, though I do agree with Jeffrey that, at least, it's a long way off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’d have to say I’m stoked about a lot of this material. It felt like the TPB stream from DC was running a little drier from DC than it was from Marvel, but now DC is mining some of my favorite parts of their past by trading the Denny O’Neil Question and the Green Arrow and Black Canary material while giving Jonah Hex, the Outsiders, and the Suicide Squad the black and white treatment.

    Collectededitions is correct that the Outsiders and the Squad is from the same era as the Wolfman/Perez Titans (both came three-six years after if I remember correctly) and do deserve nice color editions, though archive treatment like the Titans would be a bit excessive. Nonetheless, I look at it as more than I expected to get from DC any time soon.

    Of the newer stuff I might take a look at the Batman Confidential and Brave and the Bold stuff once it reaches paperback (mainly out of a sense of excessive loyalty to Batman), but I am really excited about more Paul Dini on Detective and the stuff from Tales of the Unexpected by David Lapham and Brian Azzarello. And don’t even get me started on the cool new Marvel Essentials.

    Cheers,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete

To post a comment, you may need to temporarily allow "cross-site tracking" in your browser of choice.

Newer Post Home Older Post