Checkmate: Chimera snubs Rucka, Trautmann; Robinson still on Superman

 ·  3 comments

Couldn't be more disappointed than to see in DC Comics's Feburary 2009 solitictations that it seems the final Checkmate trade paperback, Chimera, won't collect Greg Rucka and Eric Trautmann's final three issues, #23-25.

Yes, it was probably expedient to expunge these issues and let the only writer on the final trade be Bruce Jones, but it's a difference of only three issues, and it rewards the readers who stuck with this series to have the entire thing collected. I think this was a poor decision on DC's part.

Here's hoping they might somehow collect these issues with Rucka and Trautmann's Final Crisis: Resist.

--

The wait-for-trader in me is wondering if and how DC might collect these "Origins and Omens" backup stories appearing in all the titles post-Final Crisis.

--

Any number of stories saddened me in this week's Lying in the Gutters, whether the rewrites on Final Crisis or the shifting writers on "Battle for the Cowl" (I like to believe a book's own writer or artist doesn't hate it while I'm enjoying it, thank you) -- but no rumor concerned me moreso than the suggestion that the Superman titles lost another writer with James Robinson walking off.

Fortunately, the Superman Homepage got confirmation this wasn't true, and it's now disappeared from the Lying in the Gutters column.

Comments ( 3 )

  1. Rich hasn't taken the note down, just updated it with the report from the Superman Homepage and a caveat; on the Newsarama blog he says, 'Do you know what? I wasn’t wrong. This story is developing. As it currently states in the column. Look for a full update on Monday.'

    So we're not out of the woods yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks to me like, at least on the Lying in the Gutters page, the story is gone. I saw that comment on Newsarama; I guess we'll wait until Monday for the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Sometimes I think, "What are these guys fighting about, it's just Superman." And then I think, "What else is there to fight about, it's Superman."

    ReplyDelete

To post a comment, you may need to temporarily allow "cross-site tracking" in your browser of choice.

Newer Post Home Older Post