Gotham Lounge: DC Comics Collected Editions for Nov/Dec '05

 ·  4 comments

UPDATED 8/3/05: One nice thing about this trade list is that there's a lot of them--seven in November and five in December, if the month listings are right, or maybe six and six. Either way, that's more than the two that were announced for October.

Second, I think this just about cleans up the most wanted list for the end of 2005--we see Action Comics, Teen Titans, Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Legion. Small disappointments in that there's no Green Arrow, Gotham Central, or Birds of Prey, and one does have to wonder as to their individual trade schedules (one a year? really?), but on the other hand, we see the completely unexpected Plastic Man and Batgirl. The Batgirl trade lists Andersen Gabrych as the author, meaning the Batgirl trades have finally jumped from the Kelly Puckett era to modern times--disappointing, but it was bound to happen. I wonder if DC is hedging their bets that the Robin/Batgirl: Fresh Blood trade will drum up some Batgirl interest enough to direct fans to the new trade. I'd keep my eyes peeled for an advertisement therein.

Finally, we see a new Crisis on Multiple Earths trade, though the listing notes this as "The Team-Ups." Could this simply be listing verbiage, or are we to see a change in the Multiple Earths trade formats? Also, personally I hadn't expected to see I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League before the first JLA Classified trade, but there you go. And Majestic: Strange New Visitor must have done well enough to warrant another trade, collecting the first issues of the new series. Guess I have to uphold my promise to buy it now.

So good stuff, all around. I'm looking forward to it. As it gets closer to December (I know, coming up already, right?) I'll do a year-in-review on 2005's trades. For now, back to reading Nightwing--there's so many good trades I have stacked up to read, I want to get to them!

OLD POST:Ladies and Gentlemen, please point your browsers over to Gotham Lounge, where the Amazing Hovini has discovered the seemingly full list of DC trades for November and December. Click on over and show him the counter-hit-love. He deserves it.

My comments on this list to come tomorrow when I'm feeling a little more awake.

Gotham Lounge: DC Comics Collected Editions for Nov/Dec '05:

Edited 11:59 AM PST - Here are some of the collections planned for November and December. Please keep in mind that this is a tentative list, and is not official until formally announced by DC Comics. All titles and release dates are subject to change at anytime by the publisher. CMX titles have been omitted from this list, in addition to titles such as ELFQUEST, T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS ARCHIVES, and the SPIRIT ARCHIVES.

NOVEMBER

Wonder Woman: Eyes of the Gorgon TP

Majestic: While You Were Out TP

Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 1:Teenage Revolution TP

I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League! TP

Teen Titans Vol. 4: The Future is Now TP

Ocean TP

Superman: Apocalypse TP

Manhunter: Street Justice TP

DECEMBER

Best of the Spirit TP

Plastic Man Vol. 2: Rubber Bandits TP

Light Brigade TP

Fables Vol. 6: Homelands TP

Vimanarama TP

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel TP

Batgirl: Kicking Assassins TP

Crisis on Multiple Earths Vol. 4 TP

The Losers Vol. 4: Close Quarters TP

Swamp Thing Vol. 8: Spontaneous Generation TP

The Golden Age Hawkman Archives Vol. 1 HC

Comments ( 4 )

  1. Just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work. These trade reviews are very helpful for a "waiting-for-the-trade" kind of reader like me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, David, thanks. Nice of you to say so. If you happen to read one of the trades I review and agree or disagree, please speak up. I'd love to hear more of what other people think about these books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books I'll definitely be getting: Losers, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor. I might get Manhunter, Plastic Man and Ocean, but I'll probably slow down my buying spree to give my wallet some breathing space. Pity about the lack of Gotham Central and Birds of Prey.

    I highly recommend Vimanarama though; I'd buy the trade if I didn't already have the single issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I highly recommend Vimanarama though; I'd buy the trade if I didn't already have the single issues.

    Same thing here. I gave it a try without any kind of expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. After having read this and Seven Soldiers, I think I'm finally understanding what Morrison is all about...

    ReplyDelete

To post a comment, you may need to temporarily allow "cross-site tracking" in your browser of choice.

Newer Post Home Older Post